Are you a slave to your business?
Your business is there to serve you; not the other way around. In other words; you should never be a slave to your business.
Being a slave implies a victim mentality - that the world has simply dealt you a bad hand, that you have no say in the matter. Perhaps you hear yourself thinking you are a slave to your business because your clients need you, or your team can't cope without you, or maybe the economy is busting, or booming... basically, inset any excuse here as to why you can't change. But it is exactly that, an excuse.
The OARBED behaviour model tells us we must act above the line; that we must stay our of BED and take Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility for our actions - and choices. So, what's stopping you from taking control of your business? What must you do to be a victor?
- Do you need to start going home on time every night?
- Do you need to stop accepting work from people who don't respect your payment terms?
- Do you need to block out calendar time to respect your health and wellbeing?
- Do you need to implement 10 strategies to grow your cashflow?
- Do you need to train and empower your team to do more?
- Do you need more time to plan?
No more excuses - it's your business, you make the rules, choose not to be a slave!
Need accountability coaching? We can help you be the master of your business.
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire." - Arnold Glasgow.
Back to Articles & Guides